The amount of sunlight striking the surface of the earth in an hour is enough to handle the entire world’s consumption for a full year. The solar panel system is of great importance as it is free of cost to consume resources. The rising cost of electricity will sufficiently increase the number of solar panel systems. So, are solar panels worth it?
When you think of energy, you probably imagine a giant power plant spewing out green energy in the form of coal, natural gas, or nuclear fission. That’s where things get complicated. As we begin to understand how much energy is created by the sun and the earth’s natural resources, we’ve become more and more aware of the need to develop alternative energy sources.
Are Solar Panels Worth It?
Yes!!! Solar panels are worth buying products because of their known benefits. Solar panel systems are widely used nowadays as it is the best replacement and save energy and financial resources. But, you need to figure out some factors before buying a solar panel system such as payment of your electricity bills, the installation cost of the solar panel and the energy needed for the place where you want to install the solar panel system.
Among the hype of solar panels in the market, I do research on their benefits and drawbacks too. Through my article, you will get clarification about the worth of solar panels,
Let’s take a deep dive into the article. Stay with me.
Why do you want solar panels?
Solar panels are environment-friendly and best for saving energy and money. If you are paying high-cost electricity bills you must go for solar energy panels for your commercial and residential areas. Natural sources of fuels are costly and also release harmful substances into the environment. In contrast to it, solar panels are the best sources of providing energy that is clean and renewable.
Benefits Of solar panel systems
I am going to discuss some factors for which solar panel systems are highly beneficial in the following.
- You pay a high-cost electricity bill: If you are paying a heavy amount on electricity bills then a solar panel system is much better for you to save money. The only cost you must pay is for the installation of the f the solar panel system. If you afford the initial installation cost of solar panels, choose to buy them to save money on them as well as energy resources. If your house consumes less electricity, then do not switch on the solar panel system.
- Location of home: The location of the home matters a lot. If your home has good exposure to sunlight then more energy is produced, as the main source is sunlight for solar panels in the system. The more intense sunlight is hit on the plates of the solar system, the more energy is produced. So, we can say that your home orientation greatly affects the solar panel system’s output.
- Your Home’s roofing: Home roofing also affects the generation of the output of solar panel systems. The best practice is to ensure the shape, size, and slope of the roof before stalling the solar panel system. If there are trees or shady places near your home, then this is not the best place for solar panels to generate good power as sunlight is the main source of electricity production in a solar panel system. Solar panels work perfectly if the roof has a slope of 15 to 40 degrees, so steep roofs are not suitable as inclined roofs.
- Energy consumption: Solar panel systems are helpful in reducing non-renewable electricity which ultimately reduces energy consumption. You can save 95% of energy by using solar panel systems.
Is there any disadvantage of solar panels?
There are some downsides to solar panels also. Besides it being a good enabling production source, it has some disadvantages which I am going to discuss.
- Standard home panels do not work at night as there is no sunlight at night.
- Not every roof is good for the installation of solar systems.
- Solar panel production is not good for the natural environment. Solar panel waste includes heavy metals such as silver, lead, arsenic, and cadmium which produce pollution.
- Initial installation of solar panel systems is expensive.
- The solar panel system needs maintenance.
- Bad weather will affect the power electricity production. As energy is only generated when the sun is shining.
- Solar plates need a lot of space on your roof.
How much do solar panels cost?
The price of solar panel systems varies, as it depends upon the brand, solar panels come in all different sizes, shapes, power output and build qualities. The solar OpenSolaris are expensive.
Do solar panels need to be Maintained?
Solar panels require less maintenance for better functioning. You just have to make sure the periodic light cleaning removes any debris, leaves and other dirt and dust particles that are hindering the sun’s rays.
Is there a downside to having solar?
Yes, there are some downsides to having solar pans having a stem. Here I discuss a few of them. Solar panels cannot store electricity so in bad weather the output of solar panels will significantly reduce. The installation cost of solar panels system is high. Solar panels need maintenance.
Do solar panels reduce bills?
Solar panel systems will significantly reduce electricity usage, resulting in a reduction in electricity bills. Solar panels system works on sunlight so the resources will not waste. Sometimes solar panel system produces more electricity than a house needs so you can sell extra power electricity.
How long do solar panels take to pay for themselves?
The durability of solar panel systems depends on the quality and type of the system. Solar panels will serve us for an average of 25 to 30 years. Monocrystalline panels might last for 25-30 years. Polycrystalline panels might last for 2o 35 years. Thin-film panels might last for 1o 20 years.
Can a house run on solar power alone?
Yes, a house can easily run on solar power alone but switching on a solar system must take some consideration in mind as a solar panel system is not give high output power in bad weather as the main source is sunlight to produce electricity. So, make sure you must have some other resources for electricity for production in bad weather.
In this article, I discuss solar panel systems, their advantages, their downside and whether is it worthy of or not. Before switching to a solar panel system, you can consider the information on solar panels I share above. Hope you like the article. Share your experience with solar panel systems. Thank you